Wednesday, July 9, 2014

I'm Proud

But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15b

"The beach, let's go to the beach for Fourth of July," I suggested to my family.

The look of shock on their faces let me know that indeed I did surprised them.

"You don't like the beach," came the reply.

It's true this Florida girl does not like the beach. There's all that sand to deal with, not to mention all that salty-water that ends up in your mouth every time a wave comes by.



Years ago my aunt suggested that I not go in the water just sit on the beach. That has helped at least the sand doesn't stick to me. But it gets awful hot sitting on the beach.

The decision to go was not easy for me, but I thought it would be a nice way to spend the day together as a family. I'm very grateful for extra days off to spend together. I know the cost was great.

As we celebrated the Fourth, I hummed my favorite patriotic song "I'm Proud to be An American". It has such a great message and sums up how I feel. I'm very grateful to be living here where I'm free to serve God.

I'm even more proud though of something else. Something that's even greater than be an American.

I'm Proud to be a Christian!

I was inspired a few years ago with words to go along with Lee Greenwood's music to "I'm Proud to be An American". I have still yet to hear it song, maybe one day. Anyway here it is:

"I'm Proud to be a Christian"

If tomorrow all my sins were known
That I've hidden all my life
And I have to face the Lord without
The blood of Christ
I'd be ashamed to face him
And would turn to run away
But there's a chance to have them cleansed
And taken far away

I'm proud to be a Christian
Where at least I know I'm saved
And I won't forget the man who died
Who shed his blood for me
And I'll gladly stand up next to you
And proclaim Him still today
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love the Lord
God saves our lives today

From the star in Bethlehem
To the hills of Calvary
To a cross He died on 
For you and even me
From the little tiny baby
To one who lost his way
Well there's a chance for every heart
To accept Him here today

And I'm proud to be a Christian
Where at least I know I'm saved
And I won't forget the man who died
Who shed his blood for me
And I'll gladly stand up next to you
And proclaim Him still today
'Cause there ain't no doubt 
I love the Lord
God saves our lives today
And I'm proud to be a Christian 
Where at least I know I'm saved
And I won't forget the man who died
Who shed his blood for me
And I'll gladly stand up next to you
And proclaim Him still today
'Cause there ain't no doubt 
I love the Lord
God saved me life today





No comments:

Post a Comment