Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Lines, Lines, and Even More Lines

Then you will understand what is right and just and fair--every good path. Proverbs 2:9 NIV

Road construction, it's every where or so it seems. The last few months I've watched as crews worked to improve a very busy intersection by my home. Lanes were brought down to one and sometimes the entire intersection was closed at night. A lot of fun, not.

I admit having three left turn lanes is nice, not having to wait through two or three light cycles is an improvement. A new road is fun to drive on; a smoother surface is a grand improvement.

The crazy thing they did at the end though is beyond wacky. There are dotted lines every which way across the intersection, I guess it's there as a guide. Instead it's more of a distraction. There are dots for those turning left each direction, and there are dots for those going straight each direction. I wish I could get a picture from the sky, but my van will have to do. This picture really doesn't even capture what it really looks like.



It has gotten me thinking though. I've thought about how crazy life can get at times. Sometimes it seems I'm going in a million different directions. I barely have time to think, and it's a good thing my body automatically breathes for me otherwise I could forget.

Is everything I do a good thing? I might think "it's for the church and therefore for God, right?" Or I felt God calling me to do this, so it's OK? Or sometimes I just end up doing it because no one else will and I don't want to let anyone down.

This past Thursday my schedule got behind. If you know me, you know I like schedules and everything to work out in a timely manner. I ended up home a half hour later then expected. The day care kids were going nuts. I needed to get dinner going. I asked my daughter for help and she was no where to be found. Everything ended up meshing together until I had no choice, but to let the stress of the moment come out.

Luckily, it was just tears. Like usual just as soon as I let the tears start someone tells me I don't need to cry. "Yes, I do," was my reply. I felt better after.

So what is one to do? What I've been doing, pray and keep my priorities in line with God's priorities meaning something might have to go. I will continue to follow His path for me like following the right dotted lines through this now crazy mixed up intersection.

No comments:

Post a Comment