Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I'm a Disciple

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you." Matthew 28:17-18a NIV

Sometimes I sit and wonder: Have I done enough? Have I shared enough? Do I walk the walk?

There are some days when I probably haven't exactly done everything I can for the Lord. I get grouchy, mad, and tired. Sometimes I want to throw in the towel.

When I need a pick me up, God sends it to me just when I need it most. Sometimes it comes through a comment or a song, sometimes through reading the Bible, and sometimes from a little voice.

"Yes, Jesus loves me, yes, Jesus loves me, yes, Jesus loves me, Ms. Diana tells me so," came the little four year old voice behind me.

At first I wanted to correct him, I mean it's the Bible that tells us of God's love. Then I realized, wait a minute that's exactly what I'm supposed to do. I am to tell others of Jesus' love for them.

One of the ways I do this is by telling the kids in my day care or at church that God loves them. In fact, He loves them each so much that He sent us His son.

In less than three weeks we will celebrate Easter. A time when we remember exactly how much Jesus does love us. The reality of how much came when I watched "Passion of the Christ" the first time.

I knew Jesus was flogged and beaten. I knew he died on a cross. But when I watched that movie I understood just how much he endured for me. All so I could have a relationship with him. It broke my heart to watch. I still have a hard time watching that movie or even thinking about Good Friday knowing all that happened that day.

The story though doesn't end there. He died on the cross, was buried, and He rose again.

Christ is alive! He conquered death so that we wouldn't have to endure the punishment for the wrong things we do. All he asks in return is to believe and share.

I'm not afraid to say I am Christ's Disciple! And I'm proud to be a member of the royal family! Jesus wants you to know that Yes, Jesus loves you! And I told you so! Don't be afraid to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment