Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A Changed Life

Therefore if anyone is in Christ he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. 2 Corinthians 5:17-19

The change I got to see in people in three days was amazing. They came in scared and a little unsure if this was even the place they needed to be. By the end of the three days they each realized that this was indeed where they needed to be.

It was the same way for me thirteen years ago when I took my Walk to Emmaus. I was unsure of why I needed to be there, I agreed to go because of what the Lord had already done in my life. He had saved our home. He had forgiven me.

My walk was a heavenly experience and has helped me to be a better servant for Him. I learned so much and changed my way of thinking.

This past week something struck me as I read in the Bible-the way of the unfaithful is hard. If it's so hard to live without faith, then why do so many people do it? I don't know where I'd be if it wasn't for my faith. God is real! He proves it to me over and over again.

A commercial recently has caught my attention. The Catholic church is advertising Reconciliation Day and if you've been away from the Catholic church this is the day to return. This actually bothers me. The Catholic church or any church for that matter aren't the ones who bring reconciliation-it's GOD.

We are reconciled because of the blood of Christ. Even better news is there isn't a certain day that you can be reconciled it can happen any day-24 hours a day, 7 days a week. God is ready whenever you're ready. You don't need a priest, all you need is faith.

Enough faith to know that Jesus Christ did die for you. He conquered death. He is alive. Then pray and ask God to forgive you for what you've done, tell Him you believe, and desire to have Him in your life.

That's all it takes! Live a life of faith and reconciliation! Become a new creation! I promise your life will never be the same and you'll never regret it.


No comments:

Post a Comment