Tuesday, March 11, 2014

But I Drove 40 Minutes to get Here

God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect. Romans 11:40 NIV

A typical Monday without school-eat breakfast, pack a lunch, and head to our field trip destination. A pleasant drive brought us to Sun & Fun, an airplane museum.

We entered prepared to pay and enjoy our morning. Just when the volunteer behind the desk figures out how much we owed, a manager approached.

"I can't let you in today."

"What?"

"I'll give you free passes if you come back another day."

It took me a minute to figure out what he meant. My first thought was, "What are we going to do instead? I have to keep them occupied until 12 at least."

I ended up taking him up on the deal. Then my brilliant daughter came up with a plan, "how about we go pick the strawberries today."So that's exactly what we did.

Today we made the long drive back to go to the museum. It turned out to be a very nice trip especially with  our free tickets.

At one point we had part of it to ourselves, along with all the volunteers. They ended up taking my crew in airplanes by letting them sit in a couple. My crew also learned about engines and how the propeller moves. All we wouldn't have learned if we had continued our stay the day before.

Sometimes we have a plan all set in our head. We have walked through each step and know exactly how it'll end. Then God throws in a speed hump, and our best laid plans are in ruins. Still God knows what He's doing, in fact He knows the better way. Trust in Him for His plans are perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment