Tuesday, March 4, 2014

God is Holding You

When my heart was grieved and my spirit embittered, I was senseless and ignorant; I was a brute beast before you. Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Psalm 73:21-24 NIV

Just being there was amazing, the Hawks girls basketball team had come together winning the second round by 3. Now they were in the finals against a team they had lost to twice before, but not by a lot. Which made this game a possibility.

The other team seemed a bit to confident. Apparently, they were undefeated. Still we had hopes.

The game began and within thirty seconds the other team had scored and may have scored again. The tension was high and the fans went crazy shouting for the team they hoped would win. Soon the score was even and continued to go back and forth.

The girls played hard-defending, stealing the ball, scoring. By the third period our girls had done it. They had stopped them from scoring and were leading the ball game.

The coach of the other team stomped his feet, threw down his towel, and yelled at the girls on his team. Our coach stood there calmly watching, encouraging and helping our girls see what they needed to do.

Right at the end of the third period the other team scored to take the lead once again. the fourth period was intense. In fact, I had trouble breathing. The crowd continued to yell and cheer their team on to victory.

We trailed the other team by one basket. Our girls had the ball and try as they might it just wouldn't go in the basket. Thirty seconds left the other team scored a three and we still had a chance. Quickly, the time ran down and we knew. We knew they had won.

Our girls played hard. They never gave up. They're all winners in my book.

My hope is as we go through life we can play with the determination to see it through to the end. Adversity will come. The other team may be winning, but losing is not an option.

God is on our side. He will hold us by our right hand, in fact He may even have to carry us for awhile. In the end, He will take us to glory and we will be with Him forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8VoUYtx0kw

No comments:

Post a Comment