Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A Change in Light Bulbs

Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it. John 1:3-5 NIV

I noticed the light was out the day before, but failed to do something about it. Yesterday though it needed replaced, so I changed it. The shock of the new light though confused me.

The light appeared to be brighter than the others. I let it go for a few minutes, but it bothered me. I checked the light bulb package, the new one was actually 25 watts less than what was in there.

"Strange," I thought. The next step was to replace the other two lights in the chandelier, I thought this would balance the light out. It made it worse, the light now hurt my eyes.

I turned on more lights hoping for some relief. The other lights helped, but I really don't want to have more lights on to use the one chandelier. The plan was to buy new light bulbs the next time I went shopping.

My hope was that in the morning the lights would be alright, maybe it was just changing them half way through the day that made my eyes go wacky. It didn't work, the lights still hurt my eyes. It also bothered my husband's eyes, "what's with the light?" he asked.

The change needed to happen today. I woke my son up hoping he would go to the store, which he did. Wisdom hit me after I checked the kind of light he needed to buy, "Why not change the two back and leave the one place empty?" So the deed was done, the light grew calmer and more soft.

Triumphantly my son arrived back and our light situation is peaceful once again.

God is our light, He restores peace. The light doesn't have to hurt, He's there to help us through the pain, the loss, the suffering. Don't let the light scare you, come out of the darkness and be restored, God is love and that's all one needs to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment