Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Be Transformed, Not Conformed

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2 NIV

They floated around in chairs; they didn't have to do anything but push a button. Until one day a robot knocks one of them out of his seat (John) and he realizes there's more to life than sitting in a chair. John became transformed and was no longer conformed.

Yes, this came from the movie "Wally". It's a cute movie and has a good message.

As I was reading in the Bible yesterday this verse popped out at me, could have been because it's highlighted or maybe it's because it means so much to me. You see, I am different. I don't read what everyone else is reading, I don't watch what everyone else is watching, and I don't try to be politically correct. Here's the biggest news-I don't drink coffee or soda. I realize that could be a crime, but I can't stand coffee and I gave soda up for Lent ten years ago and just don't care for it anymore.

Maybe I'm a rebel!

Seriously though, I don't conform to the pattern of the world.  People may make fun of me, but I'm OK with that. Because I'm not trying to please people, I am trying to please God. I figure if He's OK with me, than everyone else can be too.

God made each of us unique with our own special talents and gifts. He did it on purpose, just like he made the parts of our bodies different. Yet, all our parts work together not against each other. Even though sometimes when that sharp pain hits in the lower back it feels as though that parts trying to rebel.

So instead of conforming, how about we all try transforming? It'll be OK to go against the crowd. John ended up helping bring everyone back to Earth. Jesus went against the crowd and ended up saving the world. Just imagine what each of us could do if we became transformed.

1 comment: