Tuesday, May 6, 2014

"Not Exactly What I Expected"

I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High. Psalm 9:1-2 NIV

The thought came to my head over a year ago. Maybe it was time to fill my husband's desire for a new truck. The summer had been good, the bills were paid ahead of time, and it seemed as if there would be enough money to make a truck payment.

So I prayed, to see if this was God's desire for us. Then it all kind of fell apart. One mom was now going to stay home with her child, another child was going to stay with grandma, another one was beginning VPK, and two more were headed back to schools I don't pick up from. In less than a month my salary dropped in half. It was not a good time to get a loan.

I continued to pray and asked God to let me know when it was the right time. As usual I asked for teddy bears in strange places, and I like to see them three times. Within a week God showed me those bears, so I knew He approved. The question was how, how were we to go about purchasing a truck?

The answer came through my daughter, "Just buy it."

Such a smart girl, with what exactly was I going to buy it with? Our income now just kept the bills paid. I even had to cut corners every which way I could.

Gradually, our income began to improve so I started putting money away. I figured we'd just save it and when we got to a certain about then we'd go buy one. A nice tax refund and an overage payment made the amount a little better.

Surely, we could find one in the price range we were looking. A truck we would not have to worry about breaking down. Unfortunately, to get one in our price range it would mean a very high mileage vehicle. Even higher than the one's we have now. This did not seem like a wise decision.

So back to the Lord, I went. "So Lord, I mean if you want us to get this high mileage vehicle than so be it. It's just we were hoping to be able to travel and such with this truck. So if you think we could get a loan and buy one with less miles and a little newer than let me know."

I traveled about my day not thinking about what I prayed earlier until I pulled in the bank. Before my eyes the first parking spot boom, a truck just like my husband wanted.

"Lord, that's not a teddy bear but if this is the sign you're sending then let me know."

I continued around the bank to the drive thru, I didn't think about what I just saw. I got sidetracked with kids in the van and making my deposit. I looked up and see another truck.

"OK, Lord so that's two is this the sign? You know I like three and teddy bears, but trucks OK." Not even a minute later God sent truck number three. Just to make sure I got it, He sent another one.

So with God's blessings we applied and received a loan. Not for as big as we thought, but good enough. So this past Sunday (I know, we usually try not to shop on Sunday, but every once in awhile we feel it's OK) we went and found the truck my husband had been wanting.


We tried Saturday, but the truck had been sold just before we got there. Found out the reason the next day, we wouldn't have been able to pay all the fees and taxes.

So our Praises go up to God, knowing He will continue to provide and He has great plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment