Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Rough Start

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23 NIV

The caterpillar hangs on the wall. He's a colorful caterpillar, and he's all smiles even though he is well used. The clips with names begin on his blue. It's with hopes that they'll remain on blue, and not begin their descent down to yellow, green, orange, red, purple, brown or black.

Every day is another chance to try again. Before I open my door and take the clips which made their way down the day before and move them back up to blue. Every day is a do over; a fresh start.

It seems to me January has been a rough month for some. I'm not sure why that is, but it's been a little rougher for us as well. There are some who have had it a lot worse than me, and others not nearly as bad.

"I can't believe we're two hours into the new year and it's already going to be a horrible year." One post on Facebook read.

"This is the worst year ever." Another person shared.

I was quite shocked since the new year just begun. How can one judge the entire year in a matter of moments after the new year had begun? For me I go day-by-day, moment-by moment. Sure things happened that can send us in a whirlwind. Life can seem out of control at times, but that doesn't mean the entire year will be a disaster.

"I'm ready for January to be done," a lady shared last night.

I imagine for her ,she is. A lot of things have happened to her since the start of this year. Does that mean she'll give up if life continues to throw her hard kicks? I certainly hope not. My hope is that she'll cling to the promise that God's compassion never fails and it's new every morning.

If you have a chance get up early and catch a sunrise. There is just something about seeing it appear peeking up out of the ground ascending higher and higher in the sky.

God will not fail, you are not alone. His compassions are new every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment