Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Sometimes I Wonder

Why, O Lord, do you stand far off? Why do you hide yourself in times of trouble? Psalm 10 NIV

Last week was a big week for me or so I thought. I'm trying not to be down, but I really thought something big would happen. Instead it's been slow going.

"It's alright you broke the ice," someone shared with me last night which actually helped me get a better perspective.

One book sold, I should be thankful for that, and I am. If that's all my book sells then, OK. God has it all in His hands, and maybe He's waiting until I get some of the bugs worked out of it.

I mean I went over and over this book and still as I read it on my e-reader I am seeing simple mistakes that I thought were taking care of. Also I had a little error message from smashwords, which took me a few days to figure out.

Now that's fixed, so now I get some new error messages. So I will learn how to fix those and keep trying.

Another thing that keeps happening has me in a real bind. Maybe I've let it go on to long, but where people are involved whom I love than I tend to grant grace. But I wonder-am I being taken advantage of?

My resources are running thin, very thin. This month tends to have quite a few extra expenses which can be difficult to do right after Christmas. Dog needs vaccinated, child care license due, fire marshall visit, fire extinguisher updated... one gets the idea. Plus throw in a few birthdays right after Christmas and well money is gone.

I know God will provide for us. He will come through like He usually does. It just not really fair on me when I try to follow His plans and I get punished when someone else doesn't.

Tomorrow is a new day and His promises are new every morning. Even when things are tough, I will hold onto to the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment