Tuesday, January 7, 2014

It Arrived

Praise the Lord. Sing to the Lord a new song his praise in the assembly of the saints. Psalm 149:1 NIV

The beginning of the year, a time when we reevaluate and set goals or resolutions for ourselves. Common ones are to lose weight, stop smoking, eat healthier...

Last year I set a goal for myself. A goal that I didn't get to accomplish in 2013. As the end of the year approached and the certificate didn't arrive I was a little down. I mean I set this goal, wouldn't God want the same goal for me? Apparently not.

I did discover that I could have actually accomplished my goal from the day I filed, but after praying about it decided I would rather wait for the certificate.

With much excitement I saw the envelope marked Library of Congress, could it be what I've been waiting for. Yes! It was my Copyright certificate! My book, "After the Storm" is all mine.

It's been a long journey. I began writing it in 2005 after a rough hurricane season. The story just kind of popped in my head. It only took me four years to complete it. A page written here and there doesn't make for quick writing.

I shared it with family after my editing, sure there were mistakes, but they enjoyed reading it. Then I reedited, joined a writer's group, and edited some more. I've learned a lot during this journey. Finally, I had enough money to send it to be professionally edited.

This was hard, it's like sending your child off on the first day of school. Wondering if you've done a good job raising him or not.

My editor came back with lots of things I needed to fix. I took it all with a grain of salt and decided to learn from my mistakes. She also had good things to say.

After much prayer I decided the e-book was the way to go, so now real soon my child will be available for all those to see even if it's 2014. I'm sure they'll be critics. I'm sure some will enjoy it. I'm sure others will care less. It'll be OK because the Lord gave me this story and that's the reason I'll share. So look for it soon.

 
Chelsea Johnson must begin again after Hurricane Charley completely destroyed her home. A new job and a FEMA trailer give Chelsea the chance to stay in Florida while she rebuilds. Her new boss Ed Palmer is a single, devoted Christian man who doesn't date his employees, but there's a spark between them. Is there a chance for romance? Can Ed ever forgive Chelsea's past mistake?

1 comment: