Tuesday, December 17, 2013

JOY

A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news health to the bones. Proverbs 15:30 NIV

As usual this time of year can be full of Joy Killers. Things that like to sneak in and steal away any joy we try to have as we approach the celebration of the birth of our Savior.

A husband's extended stay in the hospital and rehab center. Parents unexpectedly going to the hospital. Children who get sick or experiencing some unusual pain.

Sometimes it's hard to find joy among all the sorrow.

These last couple of weeks instead of kids behaving better they seemed to be getting worse. They are trying my patience. I mean they just don't want to listen and then insult me behind my back. Still there have been moments of joy:

"Oh, Ms. Diana's the best day care lady ever."

One of the moms brought me flowers, not for Christmas just because she wanted to thank me.

Seeing the kids perform in the Christmas play, the one God guided me to write.

Last night getting through my clogging dance with out falling or messing up to bad.

When we saw the couple portraying Mary and Joseph and holding their newborn child.

So even though there is Joy Killers lurking and stress is building; I can have Joy knowing that joy's there right in the midst of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment