Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Am I Alone?

Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religous festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. Col 2:16 NIV

It's another movie night at my house and for some reason my young ins always want to pick a movie I'm not interested in. Seriously sometimes it takes a half hour before we find a movie we can all agree on. Funny, when they were younger, I would shield them from violent movies and TV shows. Now that's what they seem to gravitate toward.

I guess the movies they want aren't exactly that bad, just not ones I'm interested in seeing. They delight in the Star Wars movies,the Lord of the Ring movies, the Batman movies, Spiderman movies, and now the other superhero movies. These may all seem harmless and great movies to see, I'm just not interested.

This weekend we were away, and it's become a tradition to watch a movie at night. It seemed all they brought were the movies I don't care to watch. There was one, but they didn't choose it. The choice came down to what I didn't care for. So soon I wondered over to bed--alone.

This of course was my choice, but still I was alone. Sometimes I wish it didn't seem it was me verses everyone else. I mean we all believe and should focus our attention on whatever is good and lovely. These are the things we should think about. For some reason though, it's not.

Someone this weekend accused me of living in a "Little House" world. Can I help it if that is one of the TV shows, I prefer. At least at times God was mention, and the family went to church on Sunday. Sometimes it'd be nice to go back to that time...a time before we became desensitize to violence. Where murder, obscene language, and obscene scenes were not a common part of our everyday TV or movie life.

1 comment:

  1. You are not alone! I too don't care much for those popular movies. I would rather watch a Little House marathon! Although, I am rather found of Star Trek... I can usually find biblical referrers or symbolism in most episodes ;)

    ReplyDelete