Tuesday, November 6, 2012

It's All About Values

"...for there is no authority except that which God has established..." Romans 13: 1a

Today I proudly voted my values with one of my sons by my side voting his values. I let my voice be heard and now we wait to see how many others let their voice be heard.

Values is defined as something of relative worth or importance. There are a lot of things I value: God, family, friends; just to name a few. These are things that are important to me.

I am glad I live in a country where I am allowed to let my values be made known. This weekend I had the chance to watch part of a program that explained what are founding fathers valued. Some how of the course of time these values have been changed. Some have made it seem as what they really valued wasn't what they meant when they wrote our Constitution.

Another thing I learn was when they disagreed they would actually adjourn and go down the street to church. They would spend time in prayer and worship, they would refill their tanks. Then amazingly when they met again the disagreement would be solved.

It sure would be nice if those we've elected to be in charge would take some time away from the disagreement, pray and worship, and then come back. Who knows what would happen.

Whether the candidate I want or the candidate someone else wanted wins, I will still pray for the president (whether he likes it or not) and all of our elected officals. They sure can use it.

Romans 13 makes it clear that I must submit myself to the authority because God put them there, even if I don't understand it. I will continue to serve the Lord and follow his will because ultimately He's the one in charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment