Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Sun Or Clouds

The God of Israel spoke, the Rock of Israel said to me: When one rules over men in righteousness, when he rules in the fear of God, he is like the light of the morning at sunrise on a cloudless morning, like the brightness after rain that brings the grass from the earth. 2 Samuel 23:3-4 NIV

The day was dreary, the clouds seemed to hang around all day. I don't know about you, but when the clouds seem to hang around all day and cover the sun. It makes me feel a little down. The day is darker, duller and it just takes more effort to find joy.

Someone approached me while waiting for the kids to get out of school he asked, "how's your day?"

"It'd be better if the sun came out."

"I like it like this, I don't like the sun blaring in my eyes."

Interesting, he enjoys the dreary. I enjoy the sunshine. He though was able to find joy in the dreariness. I couldn't wait for the sun to shine again.

Yesterday, we went to the park. I thought it was going to be a sunshiny day, but no the clouds overtook the sky once again. The good news was that it was cool and not warm like most of our days in Florida. I wondered when the sun would be out, since there wasn't a chance for rain.

A friend was meeting me at the park. She pulled into the parking lot and amazingly the sun peeked it's way through the clouds lifting my spirit. How ironic that a friend's arrival brings joy and the sun decided to shine through at the moment of her arrival bringing a little warmth into the day.

Much like my encounters with my God bring warmth and sinshine to my day, even on the days when the sun doesn't shine. It's on those days that I need to rely on the Son who always shines down on me.



1 comment: