Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34 NIV

The tears they came, even though I tried to will them away. God had prepared me for the answer, but still the news was hard.

The end of the month is a time when the county pays for the previous month's care of children on the program.  I know about when this is due, but when I checked it was not there. I wondered why, and God said "It arrived late."

Four weeks before, I had been serving the Lord at the end of the month. I wasn't home the first day I could have mailed in the aper work required, but knew I would be home in plenty of time to get the it complete and in the mail in time. This was one of the first things I did after arriving home.

The envelope with all the information was placed in the mail. I wondered if it would make it, but assured myself it would. It usually takes a day. I didn't really think about it again. Our mail comes at different times throughout the day. Some people can say "I get my mail at 2:00 every day." Not us we get it in the morning one day and the late afternoon the next. This day must have been a late afternoon pickup.

The money I expected still hadn't arrived by the time Monday rolled around, so I decided to call. The news I expected,  I received. I even explain how this is not a good thing. He said, "Your money will come just not for awhile."

Upset, the tears fell. I mean we've been trying to follow the "Total Money Makeover" by Dave Ramsey. He makes it sound so easy, first step save a $1,000. Well how in the world am I suppose to do that, when the money doesn't come in?

There is good news, since I have been trying to save. There was enough there to pay the water bill and the electric bill. Groceries were bought, so we would't starve. Somehow, even without other payments not coming in. There was even enough for the car insurance to be paid.

I'm not quite sure how, all is I know I serve a loving God who cares enough for the lilies in the field to look beautiful and the birds to get their food (even if it's my blueberries). So I know he must care for me and will provide for us even when it doesn't look so promising.

2 comments:

  1. I'm praying for you, Diana. I'm thinking during the time you were serving the Lord at the beginning of the month you were with me, and that's when I got the chance to meet such a spectacular, wonderful Christian friend who has blessed my life considerably. Agape love, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the prayers, I'm so glad the Lord has put us together. It's great to have a special sister in Christ.

      Delete