Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tortilla Shells Multiplying

Glorify the Lord with me;let us exalt his name together. Psalm 34:3 NIV

At the beginning of the week I saw the tortilla shells, one lonely bag of tortilla shells. I looked for more, but I didn't see any. "Hum, I thought I got more, I guess the boys have really snacked on them. That means I either go to the store or hope there's enough for Thursday's lunch."

I really didn't want to go to the store. I've been trying to shop for two weeks at a time and really didn't want to spend more money. I'm trying to stick to a budget. I planned on making something else for Thursdays lunch. I didn't think any more of it.

 I had a few days to figure it out. Imagine my surprise the next day when I looked in the fridge and I discover another bag of tortillas. I hadn't asked for them, I didn't go to the store--they just appeared. "Wow! Thanks Lord, I believe that will end up enough for us on Thursday."

It didn't end there though, the following day when I opened the fridge in the same location there were two more bags of tortilla shells. "Now that's weird," I thought. "What's going on? Are they multiplying on me?"

I couldn't figure it out, all I know is the Lord heard my need even without me asking. It was a small blessing, but it was enough to show me how much God cares for my littlest need.

1 comment: