Wednesday, April 11, 2012

New Growth

So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. 1 Corinthians 3:7 NIV

The beauty of new branches on a tree that was all but destroyed, amazes me.

Last year, I was upset when tree trimmers came in and mutilated the beautiful trees that lined the main street in our neighborhood. The trees had finally grown to the point where our street was almost draped across with trees.

The drive into our entrance reminded me of the tree lined street we drove down in St. Augustine, which is protected because of it's natural beauty and history. We also experienced this in Savannah. The beauty on our street was just beginning. Sure turning onto it from other streets was becoming difficult as you had to creep your car carefully up, so that you could see when it was safe to turn. I for one was willing to live with it  because the natural beauty out weighed the danger.

Then the workers came, they were hired to trim branches. It seemed as though they trimmed branches that were unnecessary. My husband assured me that it was because school buses could no longer drive safely down the street, they were using the middle instead of being on the side of the road they needed to be on. Not to mention when an emergency vehicle needed to enter our neighborhood.

So with mourning, I said good-bye to the beauty of the street and watched as the branches were mulched up and taken away.

Today though, I can rejoice again. Today as I drove on our street, I noticed something-NEW GROWTH! Where the branches had been cut away now there is three to four new branches forming. Man may have tried to destroy the beauty, but God will make things bloom once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment