Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Worshipping With Clowns, Oh My!

"Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs." Psalm 100:2

It was a time of reunion, a reunion with some women who spent a weekend together learning how to become a strong disciple for the Lord. During the weekend we found out two of these ladies were clowns, now as we met together we were all surprised as they came dressed in their finest clown gear.

It made the reunion a little more interesting and a bit more happy. Some of these women have had a great time since returning to the battle of the world and some have had a rough time. Just the way life can be, a roller coaster ride. A ride at times that can be scary and at other times a lot of fun.

The night progressed with so much food, that there was no way to try it all even though I think some may have tried. After all pot lucks are a lot of fun that way, trying things that you don't normally make or even know how to make.

Then we moved to the sanctuary to praise the Lord together. I found a pew large enough for my family and the couple who had joined us for the evening. I hadn't really thought about the clowns, I figured they'd found a place and were just fine. I continued to watch for my husband and the couple since they were still finishing up dessert when we made the trek over. I had saved room for them.

The next thing I know, we're beginning and there was no sign of them as of yet. As I begin to send my husband a text to put a little fire under his eating, guess who would arrive needing a seat. Yep-the clowns! Now I could have been rude, but no I scooted over and let them sit next to me. Now my husband and the couple would have to be on their own.

"How in the world am I suppose to worship the Lord and concentrate on his message for me with two clowns sitting beside me?" I thought. I tried my best, I sang and praised the Lord as if they weren't sitting beside me. I mean one look at them and I would forget the purpose of worshipping the Lord.

Funny thing happened to me though, it turns out that was one of the closest worship experiences I've had with the Lord in awhile. The clowns didn't bother me, in fact they reminded me to sing joyfully before my God.

What a great experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment