Tuesday, May 15, 2012

"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:7 NIV

Another boy, we have another son, I thought as I held my second son in my arms for the first time. The nurses made me more nervous with him though than with my first. They told me I needed to wake him every two hours to eat or his blood sugar would go down, or something like that.

After a month of him having his days and nights mixed up, and me trying to feed him all the time. I finally said "Enough". I believe he'll be fine, he just doesn't want to eat every two hours. Sure enough after that, he was on a regular schedule and never once had a problem with his blood sugar. Now he has no problem eating or grazing all the time.

This Saturday delight of a boy will graduate high school. He has brought me such joy and can find a way to push my buttons. He has a way of teasing and bringing out the laughter. He has always been willing to lend a helping hand, and serve. Sometimes I may have asked to much of him, but it was easier when I knew he'd do it.

I am so proud of him, and believe I have done everything to teach him about God and serving him. I hope that he will not depart from what he knows to be the truth. I do realize that this son of mine will have to make his own choices.

He wanted to know the Lord when he was quite young-in the grocery store of all places. He prayed the sinners prayer and asked Jesus to be his Savior. I often wondered if he was to young, but know he believes.

It has been a joy to be his teacher these last four years, I wished it could have been more. He has learned so much and has most of the time concentrated on what he needed to learn. He may forget which form of "there" to use, and forget the apostrophes, but he knows a lot and usually smokes us all at Jeopardy.

My mother's heart often hurt for him, when even though he was a part of the team he was often overlooked. He though enjoyed every minute of whatever team he was on. He really enjoys sports and has always done his best whenever he got the chance to play. I didn't like when I would have to miss a game because it was played so far away. He is the only reason I will watch a game of football, and I've learned so much about basketball.

I was proud to pin his Eagle badge on his Boy Scout uniform the day he became and Eagle Scout. Yes, this boy of mine has made this mama proud. I can't wait to see what plans God has for him, and trust that he will follow His lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment