Tuesday, May 29, 2012

And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased. Hebrews 13:16 NIV

"I need to remind my husband to get gas in the van on his way to pick up the camper," I thought as I got ready to turn into the parking lot to drop my daughter off at dance class. Only one thing wrong with that--I have the van!

Now how in the world could I have possibly done this again. A few months back I was suppose to take the other car, but I automatically got in the van. It is after all, the main vehicle I drive. I told myself all day that I was not going to make the same mistake again.

I even managed to tell my daughter, who I knew would be with me, and should have a better memory than me. Surely, she'd remember! Nope, here we were 20 minutes later in the vehicle that was supposed to be left at home.

My husband even reminded me befoer I left, "Remember to take the Jeep."

"Yeah, yeah I know."

The sad part was, that the entire way there I didn't even think twice about the vehicle I was driving. The realization literally hit me as I needed to remind my husband of something.  How can I so easily forget what I need to remember.

There are times when I'm so busy with life, that I may forget to share what God wants me to do. I get my own idea in my head of how something should be, and forget to do the sharing I should be doing. Sharing with others should be and easy thing, and should come without thinking. Just as getting in the wrong car because I did it with out thinking--it was just instinct.

No comments:

Post a Comment