Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Psalm 126:2 NIV

It seemed like a good idea at the time. My daughter and I were in a home store just to pick up a couple of things for a VBS set. The need for a cart seemed pointless, after all we are two capable women.

The search was on...one can feel like a fish out of water what with wood, tools, nuts and bolts....we managed though to locate the first thing on our list, foam board. We each carried a package, not to hard to handle.

Then came the aisle with the PVC pipes, I even knew where they were. The ones that my daughter decided on were 10 feet in length. She wanted to get a cart, but we only needed two. I decided we could handle carrying the packages we already had and one pipe a piece. The cart after all was on the other side of the store.

We took a right turn out of the aisle with our foam under an arm and a pipe in the other hand teetering like a teeter-totter. The amusement of this moment was beginning to grow as we got looks from a few people who were on the aisle.

We turned towards the cash registers and managed to get there without knocking anything over or hitting costumers. Then came the moment to pay, now how would I manage. I delicately dropped the pipe on the floor and took care of the payment.

As I reclaimed my pipe, I almost lost it. But firmly grabbed it as we proceeded tthrough the parking lot. The bubbling of the laughter began and by the time we got to the car we were roaring.

"I can't believe you made me carry this through the store," my daughter laughed.

"Well now you'll have a memory, you won't soon forget."

Laughter has been said to be good medicine. It sure did lighten our moods and was certainly better than complaining. We've even been able to think back about our amusing time these last couple of days.

God wants us to be joyful and thankful, remember to take time to find the laughter then your joy will overflow.

No comments:

Post a Comment