Thursday, February 23, 2017

If He, Then Why Don't We?

And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So do not be afraid; you are worth more than the sparrows. Matthew 10:30 NIV

Have you ever just looked at your hairbrush and wondered if there is that many hairs in my hairbrush, how do I still have hair on my head? Or when you've worked hard on a meal and made sure your hair was back, but still some how one hair made it into the food? Then of course there is always that pesky little hair that ends up in your mouth and no matter how many times you've pulled it out some how it's still ends up back in your mouth.

When you're at the beach building that beloved sandcastle, did you count each grain of sand that went into it? Or did you walk along the shore counting each grain of sand you've stepped on? Did you remember to count the sand that gets washed back into the ocean with each wave or each new grain that is brought with it?

Camping at night away from the city have you looked up in the sky and counted each star you see? What about the ones you can't see? Do you know how many planets are out there or moons?

Even if you have counted each of these things, it is hard to know the current number because they constantly change. There is someone who always knows. He knows the number of hairs on our heads. He knows the number of grains of sand there are not just at one beach but all over the world. He also knows how many stars, planets, comets, asteroids, and moons there are in the entire universe.

So if God knows all this, then why is it we don't seek Him when we need to know something?

A couple weeks ago, we experienced an unknown. Our church had a big decision to make. We had a plan and we hoped it was God's plan, but we weren't completely sure how the vote was going to turn out. We prayed and sought God and trusted in Him. But sometimes God's plans are a little different. This time though God's plans were the same! By His grace His kingdom will grow at our church again.

This week I had a plan. Last Tuesday I contracted a cold, and my plan was to give it the ten days to run it's course before heading to the doctor. By Monday though I knew my plan of waiting was not going to work, so I called and it's a good thing I did because my cold turn into bronchitis.

Because I trust God more than my plan, I was able to get the help I needed to get better. Sure there are times when I still think my plan is better than His, but sooner or later I finally give it to Him. Because if God knows so much more than me, then I should trust in Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment