Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Where is Your Jesus?

And surely I am with you always, the very end of the age. Matthew 28:20b

Last Sunday, my husband was straightening up a couple things at church and lo and behold he found a baby in a crate. This baby doll was used as our baby Jesus in the last play we did back before Christmas. We had inadvertently left him at church all this time, poor baby Jesus.

Leaving this baby at church got me thinking "where is my Jesus?"

Do we think of Jesus being at church?

When my oldest son was little he was very concerned when a pastor was moving to another church, he didn't know where God was going. When we would go to church we would tell him we were going to God's house and in his little mind, the pastor must have been God because he was always there when we went to God's house. Luckily, we were able to straighten our confused son out.

Sometimes we go to church seeking Jesus, we want Him to be right there waiting for us. The good news is He is right there waiting for us, but there is even better news: Jesus is right where you are! He is always ready to hear your prayers and help you through a tough situation, all you need to do is talk to Him.

My Jesus is in my heart, He is with me every where I go, helping me through my days, through every decision, through my anger, through my temptations...Jesus is always there.

So where is your Jesus? Is he at church? Is He sitting beside you? Is He carrying you through the tough days? Or is He in that dusty Bible hidden on the shelf?

Don't forget about Him, because He won't forget about you.


No comments:

Post a Comment