Thursday, February 4, 2016

The Pole That Always Gets in the Way

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of throne of God. Hebrews 12:2 NIV

"The school called me today, my daughter walked into a pole," my sister-in-law shares with me.

A memory arises within me. It was my fifth grade year, I was finishing up my post as a patrol and was heading to my bike. "I need to practice," I thought.

So I closed my eyes and began walking around the school. Unfortunately, my plan of pretending to be blind did not end well. Yep, you guessed it. I ran smack dab into a pole. I ended up with a nice goose egg in the middle of my forehead.

Maybe this is why I didn't get the part of a blind girl in "The Miracle Worker."

This got me thinking about how easy it is for us to take our eyes of the path. We become distracted by talking to friends, focusing on something else, or closing our eyes and walking around blindly. We temporarily forget that there is a prize to keep our eyes on.

Jesus kept his eyes on the prize; He endured the pain of the cross so we could all receive the prize. So no matter the pain or crisis we are currently enduring we need to keep our focus on the path, so our heads don't end up meeting a pole.








No comments:

Post a Comment