Thursday, February 25, 2016

Hey, You're Going the Wrong Way

Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs. Proverbs 10:12 NIV

"Another wrong way driver had an accident this morning on our interstate, injuring both drivers," comes the almost weekly report.

For some crazy reason wrong way drivers has become more of a norm. Other drivers try to make those driving the wrong way aware of the dire circumstances, but sometimes they are completely ignored.

Children aren't much different, as their caretaker and guide I try to steer them on the right path. I try to make them aware of their wrong doing, only to be completely ignored. At least when I'm ignored I can really guide the child back to the right path by a time-out.

Come to think of it we as adults aren't much different. I know if I'm on the wrong path, I get a little upset when someone tries to guide me back onto the right path. Eventually though, I listen and soon I am successful again. (No time out needed)

I wonder how God feels when He sees us on the wrong path. He sends us the warning signals that we aren't going the way we should. Then we completely ignore Him and continue on the path which will lead to dire circumstances.

Lucky for us we don't have to stay on this wrong path. We can realize it before the disaster happens, and turn back around so we can get on the right path. A path that will lead to righteousness and cover all our wrongs.


2 comments: