Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Learning, It Takes Time

I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. 1 Corinthians 3:2

The tiny little grey creature looked so helpless, so we brought him in and somehow he etched his way into our hearts. Unfortunately, he was very sick and died. His little life made us realize something though, that we could love a cat.

A month later we had the chance to be a cat family again. A orange bundle of fur who also cuddle his way into our hearts, and this time he was healthy.



I've got news for you a cat is not like a dog. They jump every where unlike a dog who will jump up on you, but usually gets down when told. Claws,another big difference, those claws that seemed to pop out of no where. Dogs don't hold on for dear life or scratch up chairs, sofas, tablecloths...

Another big difference-petting, when petting a cat I need to be ready because as soon as he's done he attacks. The dog will sit there for hours letting me pet her never once attacking me. Their tongues are quite different as well. A dog's tongue is smooth and wet, a cat's tongue feels like sand paper was applied.

Lastly, the way I'm greeted upon arriving home. The dog is there waiting and wagging her tail like crazy, ready to lick and jump up on me as if to say, "So glad you're home, I've missed you." The cat may or may not be waiting there. He sits there just looking at me, or not as if to say, "Oh, you're home. Feed me."



Learning to live with a cat has been a slow process. Just when I think I got it, he does something completely different. We are new at learning how to care for him, when to pet, and not to keep anything out. There is no safe place to hide anything.

Learning to live as a Christian is a slow process. Change takes place, but learning to live a life devoted to God is slow process. We are given what we need when were ready for it. We learn and grow closer to God and soon we completely trust Him. One day we look back and realize how much better life is with Him as our guide.

1 comment: