Tuesday, February 11, 2014

This Gift of Love

Above all love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.  1 Peter 4:8 NIV


I am very grateful to be loved and to have other people to love. The love I feel from God is one of the most amazing gifts of love I could ever hope to receive.


You see God loved me so much that He sent His son to save me from separation from Him. He would have sent His son here even if I was the only person on this earth. He would have done the same for you.


This week I was grieving for a lady who just doesn't get it. She obviously loves her husband and her children, but she is missing out on the best love of all. The unconditional love of God.


He loves each one of us. He knew each of us before He even created this place for us to call home. It's hard to imagine that before He said, "let there be light" He thought of me and He thought of you too. He knew the struggles we would face and the heartaches we would suffer. Yet He still created the world and each one of us.


Truth is each of us mess up several times a day. I lose my temper, I don't want to listen, and I hurt. The one thing I can count on is His love for me. He forgives me when I mess up, and He holds me in the palm of His hand when I'm hurting.


This Friday we have a day to celebrate LOVE. This is can be a hard day on some, and a blessed day for others. The one thing though we can all celebrate is the LOVE our heavenly father has for each one of us. He truly does love you whether you believe it or not. Don't miss out on the best LOVE of all.



No comments:

Post a Comment