Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Did I Really Miss That?

Do everything in Love. I Corinthians 16:14 NIV



Funny how a simple shared picture on Facebook can give you a message even if your weren't looking for it.


Monday, while preparing soup for dinner, I cut an onion. I sliced down the onion and a part popped out, quite common. When I looked though I discovered a heart placed in the middle of the onion. I showed my daughter and she says post a picture, so I did.


Quickly I thought of a one liner, "My onion loves me." I thought it was clever, so I went with it. It was a little later when a friend posted, "Ah, the one who made the onion loves you." Simple yet filled with such a message.


Why wasn't that the first message I thought of? God sending me a message of love. God is in my thoughts most of the time. I mean He's every where and yet I still missed this message of love from my creator.


A few summers ago at church camp we ended up with a God message from a tomato. That day the tomato slices were in the shape of a heart. Immediately, we recognize this as a message of love from God. One of the campers took pictures and we all were amazed how God could send His message through a tomato.


How much easier it was to recognize God's message of love at church camp? Somehow being there made it easier to see.


At home though I get busy, my mind gets focused on other things, and children misbehave. I wonder how many God messages I end up missing because of my lack of focus.


It's good to know though when I do lose my focus, a friend is there to help guide me back.




No comments:

Post a Comment