Tuesday, October 29, 2013

"Tick Tock, Tick Tock"

But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, "You are my God." My times are in your hands." Psalm 31:14-15a NIV

The right time has almost arrived, I glance at the clock. Nope same time, I occupy myself my thinking about something or doing something. Then sneak a glance at the clock again. Same time.

Why is it sometimes the time never seems to change?

Awoken in the middle of the night, I try not to glance at the clock as I stumble to the bathroom. All cozy in bed again, the temptation to look over powers me-2:00 AM. I turn away from the clock only turn back over what I think it least a half hour has past. Nope 2:01 AM. It's going to be a long night.

Other times, it's like time flies.

I only have thirty minutes to get my cleaning done before I need to start teaching preschool. I begin, soon I'm distracted by the phone or a child's misbehavior. Before I know it forty minutes have gone by and I haven't even started cleaning.

Or I'm sitting at my computer working on editing one of my stories. I glance down at the time, this time it's a hour before I have to be off to do school pick up. I work away following the instructions on how to make my story into an e-book and all to soon it's time to go.

The perfect time.

One of the best times I have is when I don't have to worry about time. On one of the retreats I've attended we are told to put our watches away and to not even bring your cell phone. I'm told when it's time to get ready for bed, time to get up, and even when it's time to eat. Yet this doesn't seem to bother me. Because here is when I have a chance to draw closer to God.

When I was on the cruise my phone went crazy by jumping four hours ahead. It seemed time wasn't important then either. Somehow I managed to eat  and sleep when I needed to, and to be where I needed to be when I wanted to be. It was nice to not worry so much about time.

The time I have to be here on this earth is in God's hands. Spending time with Him is my favorite time. Somehow everything gets done when it needs to. Usually, I'm in the right spot at the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment