Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Heaven Is a Happy Place

But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. Acts 7:55 NIV

Setting up for a service by the lake in the dark, it was calm and peaceful. No mosquitoes trying to carry me off this time. As I finished setting up, I looked over the lake and peacefulness came in.

The sun began to emerge from its slumber. The sky glowed with pinks and reds. The other women helping with the set up looked too, and we just took in the glory of the new day.

"Heaven is a happy place, Heaven is a happy place..." echoed in my head. For if heaven is anything like a beautiful sunrise then indeed heaven is a happy place.

I find comfort in knowing this today.

Our little Eragon had improved a great deal. He was getting his belly full with his food and then trying the dog's food. He drank out of whatever water dish he found. He got a nice full belly.

He began to play. He appeared to be getting better.

This morning though when I got him up to eat, he once again couldn't stand on his own. He just looked up at me and meowed, "help me." I awoke my daughter who started to give him the milk supplement again, which he ate. Then she warmed him up again because his little body was cold.

A short time later she went back to give him his medicine, and he was no longer with us.

He was a good kitty, even if we only got to know him for a short time. He has gone to his happy place where now he can smile because he's seeing God's face. He won't have to worry about the fleas or the hookworms.

He was a little fighter, who kept beating the odds.

Now he can run and play. He can eat all he wants. Little Eragon rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment