Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Excitement Over Trash

...and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always to the very end of the age. Matthew 28:20 NIV

"Did you get yours yet?"

"Ms. Diana hasn't got hers yet? What's she going to do?"

"The truck with them on it, is in our neighborhood."

"Mine came today, what about yours?"

"Our sons were pushing each other in them."

"There so big, won't they get heavy."

Over the past month this has been some of the conversations I've had or heard someone having. Yesterday was the first day of pick up using our new trash cans. The shiny new garbage truck brought neighbors out to watch.
"I want to see how it works."

Never has this excitement happened before over trash. Funny, how we can all talk about our new trash cans from the county without any hesitation. It's an easy topic. No one is left out, everyone in the county received new trash cans and they're basically all the same.

I just wish I could easily talk about my Savior. Why can't I just ask:

"Did you receive Him yet?"

"What's Josh going to do, he hasn't received the Jesus yet?"

"Jesus is in the neighborhood."

"Our sons were acting out how Jesus healed the blind man."

"He's so big, will I learn too much."

It's time for a little less "trash" talk and more Jesus talk.

2 comments:

  1. Everyone got them except our duplexes because they say our address doesn't exist lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if that would work when it comes time to pay property tax. :-)

    ReplyDelete