Tuesday, October 8, 2013

No Way, There's Just No Way

But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish of the sea inform you. Which of all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this? Job 12:7-9

What's that? Aww a little kitten, what to do? What to do? As the beagle barked at the door wondering why all of us were outside without her.

I know, I'll see if my friend can take it. She's got a love for kittens. We're just not cat people.

She of course had her hands full with a kitten already, so we brought it home. Mind you, it was just for the night until my son could drop it by the pound in the morning.

My daughter volunteered to keep it in her room, that way it wouldn't upset the dog. A couple of us posted a picture on Facebook, nobody could take it home.

Friday came and the votes were cast; keep it until we find it a home (which really meant it's home would be here). The day wore on as kitty found away to curl on our laps and in our hair. We were hooked.

Monday we took it to the vet; need to have shots done because of day care and it's the right thing to do. Then we here the news-this is a very sick kitty. It's full of fleas and hook worms which are sucking the red blood cells right out of it. It didn't have long to live.

The big question-how much is it going to cost? I had an amount in my head that I could spend. Were the kids willing to help with the cost above that? Sure my daughter volunteered her money, then each of my sons. We could pay.

We left Eragon(now given the right name) and hoped for the best. Odds were against him. We prayed. We hoped God didn't put him in our life for only a short time.

Good news, Eragon perked up. Not out of the woods yet, but he could come home over night. We just needed to feed him every two hours and bring him back in the morning. My daughter decided she could handle getting up every two hours to
feed him.

Today he's back at the vets to get the rest of the nutrients he needs. Hopefully, he'll be good to go since a day at the vets is not cheap.

The lesson I learned from this little cat is that I have enough love for him. My children can be gracious and help save an animal. God provides us with love even if we weren't cat people.

No comments:

Post a Comment