Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Can We Just Have a Few Days to Dry Out, Please?

"and I will send rain on the land." 1 Kings 18:1c NIV

Mud, damp carpets, puddles...it's the same thing every time it rains. Truthfully, I don't mind the rain. It's important for the environment and provides us with water to drink. In fact, an afternoon storm helps bring the temptature back down.It's just there's been so much we need time to dry out.

Last week there was a little reprieve in the daily rain. My back porch finally didn't have water on it, the puddles dried up, and  and the mud resembled dirt again. Then the rain came back leaving 2 to 3 inches almost every time. The carpet on my porch though has been soaked since June.

The dog has no dry place to rest her head. She continually looks for one and lets us know that she hasn't been successful. She resists going out and has made my glass door resemble the muddy backyard. There's no point in cleaning it at least not until a dry out is complete. Trust me, I've cleaned it only to have it stay that way for maybe ten mins.

Summer time is here and that usually means the kids get to play out for awhile and get all that vent up energy out. Unfortunately, we've been in more than out this summer. Which makes for a lot of fun and a memorization of the order of the rainy indoor activities. Bouncy off the walls has become the norm. It is a wonder that there is any hair left on my head.

So Lord, if there's anyway can we just have a few days to dry out, please? Thanks so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment