Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Out of My Comfort Zone

If we are distressed, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. 2 Corinthians 1:6 NIV

Relaxing on my couch with my feet up, now that's what brings me comfort. When I sit with a good book chilling in my folding chair by my camper now that brings me comfort. Following my routine and everything going smoothly now that's what brings me comfort. Yes, even holding one of my teddy bears brings me comfort.

This past Sunday one of my friends suggested something. Something that would put me out of my comfort zone. When she first suggested I thought she went completely nuts for a moment. I mean how could I possibly do what she asked? Besides my husband wouldn't think it was a good idea or would he?

On our drive home from church, I shared what this friend suggested. He not only thought it was a good idea, but told me I'd be good at it. Now what kind of supportive husband is that, LOL.

"Well I'm going to pray about it," I replied. Surely God won't think this is a good idea.

So yesterday before I even had the chance to pray and ask God if He thought this was a good idea. He put an idea in my head. One that would work really well. Oh dear.

Then when I shared with my small group this idea, they all cheered me on and said "Go for it."

So with all this-um, support. I guess in a couple weeks I will get out of my comfort zone, and do something I never planned on doing.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment