Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Laziness Wasn't to Bad

There remains then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his work, just as God did from his. Hebrews 4:9-10 NIV

Not quite sure how it happened...after lunch on Saturday it seemed as if naps were going to occur. Four of the five of us had managed to fallen asleep. I vowed this wasn't going to be me because if I nap during the day sometimes it's very hard to fall asleep at night.

I grabbed my Nook and headed outside. After struggling to find the fan and a table to put it on, I opened my chair and got comfortable so I could read. Soon though my head began to bob and my eyelids felt heavy before I knew it I had succumb to a nap. Occasionally, I peeked to see what was going on-everything was still quiet so once again I fell back asleep. It did feel nice.

Sunday we had company, so it was easier to stay awake. Monday it was time to head home. After unloading and some lunch. I was drawn to my couch where I turned on the TV and zoned out for awhile (the rest of the day). My head bobbed again and the eyelids shut tight, a nap was on the agenda again.

Sure there were chores calling my name. I mean my closet could use a good clean up again. Not to mention the mess in the utility room. Instead though I rested. I felt guilty as I wasn't even motivated to lead Bible study last night. I wanted to rest and veg out instead.

Does this make me a bad person? Did I not do the right thing? Should I have fought the urge to rest and done the things that needed to be done?

I guess I could have, but sometimes it's OK just to rest. If it was alright for God to rest, then on occasion it must be alright for me to rest. He did make it a point to mention it in the Ten Commandments. Now I am refreshed and ready to begin again.

No comments:

Post a Comment