Tuesday, September 4, 2012

God Does Hear

Ask and it will be given to you...For everyone who asks receives Matthew 7:7a & 8a NIV

Funny thing, usually for my birthday or Christmas I don't really have a want. This year though I did. I researched about this item and decided that I really would desire to own it.

I've been working really hard to keep us on a budget. Every week I figure out how much we're going to make and what needs to be paid. This is working out very well. So last week with my birthday approaching I budgeted a certain amount.

This was kind of weird for me to do because I really don't want to spend money on myself. Last year I didn't want to spend money on me, I just wanted to go camping. This year though I set money aside. This item I desired I researched about the different kinds, not the price.

So now came the time to shop, I didn't plan to purchase it myself just leave a hint for my husband. Anyway the amount of the item exceeded the budgeted amount. In my head I tried to justify spending that much money on me. I couldn't do it. It's better to stick to God's plan then my own anyway.

The next day, I gave up on the idea at least at this time. I had a little talk with God, "I'm not giving up hope on this. I know you can give me the desires of my heart and one day you will. Just right now this is a want not a need. Lord, I know you supply our needs and sometimes our wants. Maybe some day I will be able to have this item."

With that done I tried not to think about it. My birthday arrived, and we were camping. Camping is such a nice way to relax. The birthday wishes came (even from a spider who decided to shower with me). I had a nice lunch with some of my family, swam, and then yes it was present time!

I open each package that was chosen for me. It came time to open the one from my parents and guess what--they had purchased the item I wanted. I was touched that they'd spend all that money on me. God answered my prayer through my parents, and now I get to enjoy the item!

God really does care about our wants and our needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment