Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Someone's Been Wooing You

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  Psalm 139:13

The breeze was much gentler than I thought it would be. I braced for the worse sort of, but turned out to be a typical rainy day in Florida. For this I am grateful.

Funny thing about the wind, it's not something you think about to often. Except when it's not there.

This past summer we had a chance to be on the beach. I was a little concerned about the weather considering where we were going is not a place I would normally go during Hurricane season. The Lord though provided us a glorious day, the wind kept our hot humid day bearable and most pleasant. The wind though also caused for a small craft advisory making the chance to be in a boat impossible

Later in the week I was on a lake. One day there was no wind. The day was hot, humid and a little less bearable. I found relief in the pool and the AC. Wind really does make a difference.

There is someone who is a lot like the wind. Maybe you don't give Him much thought. He's always thinking of you though--in fact He thought of you before you were even you.

Maybe on occasion you think about Him. Like when a crisis hits or everything is going well. Other times you may not think about Him at all. Like when everything is going wrong or life's a breeze.

He's been there through it all whether you acknowledge Him or not. He understands the heart ache, the disappointment, or the sickness. He wants to rejoice with you when you receive the promotion, the healing, or you've found someone special.

He's been calling you all your life, much like the wind has been there. Maybe today will be the day you answer Him or maybe the next time you feel a gentle breeze you'll call out. No matter when it is, He will always be there to answer and in fact he's more reliable than the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment