Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Choose Today

But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15 NIV

I serve the Lord, I am proud to serve the Lord. I am glad I live in a country where serving the Lord is not a crime. I would hope that even if I lived in a country where serving the Lord is a crime, I would have the strength and courage to still serve the Lord.

For me serving the Lord is the best choice I could make. I made the choice to accept the Lord as a preteen in a small church. A song spoke to me, and I realized just attending church or because my parents attended church it wouldn't save me. I needed to ask Jesus to come into my life and forgive me for my wrong doings. So on that day I asked Jesus to be my savior.

I believe this is what helped me not make to bad of choices during the rest of my growing up years. Sure I messed up, but I would once again return to the Lord and seek forgiveness.

Soon though I found I wasn't completely serving the Lord. For some reason I didn't think God needed to be concern with my finances-after all money is a worldly thing not a Godly thing. I found myself in a situation where I was robbing Peter to pay Paul. Borrowing from the credit card to pay the mortgage.

Soon the money ran out, and we were facing foreclosure. I had no where to go except to my knees. That day my life was forever changed. I confessed not because the Lord didn't know-He knew all right-but because when we sin we're called to confess. That day on my knees I confessed, and the Lord saved me. He saved our home! He made it right.

Sure I've messed up from time to time(day to day), but I always return to the one who knows me better than anyone else. So I am proud to say as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord. Even if it means taking a stand for what the Bible says is right.

The Bible after all is our instruction manual. Any question one may have, the Lord can lead you to the the answer through His word. I choose to follow and believe it to be true. All of us have that freedom, and time will tell who is right. One day each one of us will stand before the Lord. I hope I can hear "Well done, good and faithful servant." I hope the same is true for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment