Monday, January 2, 2012

A Little Behind, But Hadn't Forgotten

Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption of the world caused by evil desires. 
2 Peter 1:4 NIV

Oh, the joy to escape. That's what we did the last few days of the year-escape.

We took our annual journey to Highlands Hammock. It is so nice to go there and just enjoy nature without the street lights and buildings. This year we even enjoyed a journey into the park we don't usually visit because it's restricted. The ranger took us through the back of the park and taught us different things.

Our December ends up being so busy with finishing Christmas presents or shopping for Christmas presents. Then comes the wrapping and the decorating. Also, being involved in God's work takes its toll with extra services and all. Sometimes it's as though every free moment I usually have is filled with a project that needs to be done. This is why it's nice to take a break as a family and relax. Even though since we've been home I've been busy, busy, busy.

With all of this, it can become hard to keep my focus on what's important-GOD. Luckily, though I have a constant conversation with him. Not like the monks who are in constant prayer recitation every waking moment. My conversations are quick and not recited "Lord, help me finish.", "Lord, help me plan my schedule so I can get it all done and not stay up to late."

Another thing that helps me keep my focus on him, is playing Christian music whether it's Christmas music or my favorite Christian songs. There is always a song going through my head.

So even though the last month has been crazy and at times challenging, I tried to keep my eye on the reason for the season. Now I'm looking forward to the blessings He has in store for me in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment