Monday, January 23, 2012

Judging Comes Back

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged" Matthew 7:1

A couple of weeks back, I was waiting at a traffic light. The green arrow came and there we sat, no one went. We just sat there, so of course I began to get upset. Then finally we begin to go, but I didn't make the light.

I was now first in line, so I thought "I'll make the next light no problem."

I sat there with a van full of kids awaiting my turn. This was during the time when I was fighting a cold, and my nose was running. I noticed the cars crossing the intersection in the other direction begin to turn left. I figured I have time to wipe my nose, so I proceeded to do just that.

My daughter was now preoccupied with one of the children in the back who was trying to make an escape. After I was done and my hands cleaned, I looked up to see the light for me to go just turn red! "Now how did that happen?", I wondered.

There were two of us and neither of us saw the light change. The cars behind me didn't honk until it was to late and then one of them pulled beside me attempting to give me a dirty look and probably some other gestures, and how could we all have to sit through an entire light cycle again.

At this moment I realized I was just taught a lesson, the car that didn't go probably had a very good reason for not going. I had no right to judge the driver, things obviously happen and it wasn't done with a mean intent. Just as the other driver had no right to judge me, even though he made his anger known once the light turned green again. He sped up just so he could cut me off while he made a right hand turn in front of me.

We are all just human, we aren't perfect. Thankfully, there is one who is perfect and paid the price of his life so when we do make a mistake we can be forgiven. He's there to put us back on track when we mess up. I am glad I serve a risen Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment