Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Grateful, but Tired

I needed clothes an you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.  Matthew 25:36 NIV

"I can't breathe," gasp "out my nose," I shared with my family on the ride home from church on Sunday, I found myself congested. It all began on Friday with a sore throat which turned into a full blown cold.  Sunday and Monday I was chasing my nose, or at least running for the tissues. I barely had any energy, and yet I am grateful.

I am so grateful to have an occasional cold or stomach bug. It's better than having a disease I could have to deal with on a daily basis. I have heard of so many this past year who have had to deal with cancer. I pray for them and try to find out if there is something I can do for them.

Also, there is someone in my family who has dealt with a disease that the doctors can't seem to cure. I feel so bad for her as she has been in and out of the hospital. She pretty much has to stay home when she's not in the hospital. I wish she lived closer so I could help her out some how. Since I can't be there I pray for her and try to get others too as well. Hopefully one day soon she will be healed.

So yes, I am grateful that for the most part I'm healthy and able to do the things God has planned for me. I'm grateful that I can serve others in their time of need. I'm grateful for a God who loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment