Monday, November 14, 2011

Proud Mom

"A wise son brings joy to his father..." Proverbs 10:1a



This past weekend brought about joy as we celebrated our athletic son's Eagle Ceremony. He's my shy one, he used to hide behind my legs when someone talked to him. Now he's too tall to do that, but he still is shy even in front of people he knows.

Still he stood up on stage proud to have accomplished the highest rank in Boy Scouts--the Eagle. He has been involved in scouting since he was in first grade. This program has been well worth the time we have invested into it. Each of our boys has been involved in scouting, and so has their father. The weekends spent together camping have been priceless.

My mechanical son received his Eagle in February 2010. I am very proud of each of them. They worked hard to accomplish this rank, and I know they will always look back to it as well worth the effort. Sure there had to be some encouragement from me and some pushing; after all isn't that what a mother's for.

I am proud of each of my children. Sure they've made some mistakes, and so have I. For the most part though they are good kids, who have an understanding of who God is. They try to make wise choices, sometimes they fail. It's at these times I hope they can learn and grow closer to the Lord.


As I continue to walk in the light, I hope they do as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment