Monday, November 21, 2011

Life From a Different View

The Lord their God will save them on that day as the flock of his people. They will sparkle in his land like jewels in a crown. How attractive and beautiful they will be! Zechariah 9:16 NIV

How wonderful it is to get to see a man and woman make a covenant to each other, a covenant they will hopefully keep for a lifetime. This weekend I had the privilege of seeing one of my cousins get married, and like most couples on their wedding day they look truly in love.

While I was there, I realized how lucky I am to have been married twenty-one years. My husband is a precious man of God. He works hard to provide for us as God's plans for him are unveiled a little more each year.

Right now he works two jobs, one he loves and one he does because we need the income and medical coverage provided by it. Sometimes it's tough for him and he gets tired and discouraged, this is when I encourage him to lean on the Lord more.

It's not always easy to walk with the Lord, and sometimes choices are tough to make. At times it might seem easier to follow the crowd, but I know that for me I need to follow the plans God has in store for me.

I guess it's good at times for these tough choices to come up, just so I can see how important it is to keep on the right path. Life brings about different choices and each of us most choose the path that's right for us.

It's truly a joyous occasion, when a man and a woman promise to commit to only each other for a lifetime. How they sparkled as they made their covenant and the joy that was brought to each person there as they witnessed this event.

No comments:

Post a Comment