Monday, November 28, 2011

Attitude Adjustment

Your attitude show be the same as that of Christ Jesus:...made himself nothing...humbled himself...was obedient. Philippians 2:5,7,& 8 NIV

There are moments in my life that I have a chance to examine my attitude, and at times I don't really like what I see.

Usually, I try to keep a good attitude. There are times though when a headache or tiredness contributes to me having a bad attitude. Then everyone around me suffers. When I become aware of how I'm acting, I try to pray and change to have a better day. Unfortunately, sometimes it's awhile before I realize my stinky attitude.

Other times the people you're around can have an attitude, and it's a real challenge to step away from the situation. Especially when I'm responsible for the care of some of these with the bad attitudes. It's at these times when I try hard not to give in and have the stinky attitude right back. A quick word of prayer, and maybe a praise song running in my head can certainly help.

As I read in the Bible about how our attitude should be, I wonder how Jesus could keep a good attitude. He put others first, and obeyed what God wanted Him to do. At times He even displayed some anger, but He was defending the temple (God's home). For the most part though, He was calm even when He had to be stressed with all these people following him, pushing and shoving him every which way. I'm sure He must have been tired and yet He maintain his calmness.

I hope as the stress of Christmas-the pushing and shoving of people in the stores, the limit of time to get things done, and the worry of having just the right gift-that I can keep my attitude the same as Christ. After all He didn't get stressed about his birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment