Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Hope Refreshed

By all this we are encouraged. In addition to our own encouragement, we were especially delighted to see how happy Titus was, because his spirit has been refreshed by all of you. 2 Corinthians 7:13 NIV

There is this plant I keep near my front door, it's there because I haven't really figured out where to plant it yet. This plant is interesting. One day it looks full of life, leaves full and occasionally a flower. The next day though it looks like it's about dead, the leaves are dried up and the flowers have fallen off.

The crazy thing is once I give it a little water, refreshment; within a couple of hours the leaves are opening back up. It looks alive once again. It doesn't take much water either, just a cupful.

The last few weeks have been rather challenging ones for me. I have felt take advantage of and unworthy. I simply can't figure out why things are not happening. I am patiently waiting, but still nothing. Every once and awhile there is a glimmer of hope, but it's short lived when something else happens.

I have questioned if I am even supposed to keep doing what I've been doing. I believe I am following God's calling on my life, but right now I am getting little results. Then again maybe I am only supposed to minister to a few rather than a bunch.

A few times these past couple weeks as I have driven to church, I have had to fight back tears as I wonder why. I feel dried up.

My Tuesday night Bible study group though helps refresh me. Last night was another night where I felt dried up and was questioning things. The tears were ready to fall, but I fought back since I was driving to church. Somehow during the sharing, laughing, and diving into the Bible I got the "water" I needed. I came away feeling much better than when I arrived.

I am not planning on giving up on God's calling on my life. Even though there maybe days I feel dried up, I will continue to get refreshed and filled up with the living water. I know God has good plans for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment