Friday, September 8, 2017

Go Away Irma!

So do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10 NIV

People around here are fearful, mostly because of the unknown of what Hurricane Irma might do. It is fresh in our minds what Hurricane Harvey did to Texas.

The store shelves are without water, can goods are gone, and gas stations are running out of gas. People are jumping and waiting in long lines. Some have even hopped in their cars and skedaddled out of Florida at a snail's pace.

Whenever I think about this storm and begin to feel fearful, I simply stop and remember God is with me. I seek Him and I find the peace I need.

I am reminded that God can calm the storm and keep me safe. The disciples were on a boat with Jesus and a storm formed. It was a strong storm and they were fearful, they also could not understand why Jesus simply slept through it. Finally, they woke him up and He simply told the storm "Be still." The storm immediately stopped.

A couple months ago, we were setting up for our water day at church. The sky was full of storm clouds and was even rumbling a little bit. We are under a lot of pressure to build God's kingdom at our church, and I knew this day was important for us. So several times I yelled out, "In the name of Jesus, go away! Be still."

It didn't happen instantly, but sure enough. The bad weather stayed away long enough for us to have our event. The other amazing thing was we had a record number of people attend. It was an awesome day!

So as we prepare for Hurricane Irma, I believe that God will protect us and guide us as to what we should do before, during , and after the storm. We will keep praying and trust in His peace and guidance for we know He is with us!


No comments:

Post a Comment