Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Hey God, Don't Forget

As the appearance of the rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the appearance of the surrounding radiance. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory and the brilliance of the Lord. And when I saw it, I fell face downward and I heard the voice of one speaking. Ekezial 1:28 AMP


This past week has been one of those crazy, unbelievable weeks. Texas was pounded with at least four feet of rain. Here in Florida we were pounded with at least a foot of rain causing some local flooding as well. It's kind of ironic that just five months ago, we were concerned because of drought conditions. 

For me, I'm alright with a day or two of rain, but if I haven't seen sunshine after that I can feel a bit down in the dumps. As we anticipated our fifth day of clouds and rain, I desperately ask God to remember His promise not only for us but especially for those in Texas. I can only imagine what they might have been feeling. 

The meteorologist predicted the five days of steady rain, you can prepare yourself some for that but it doesn't help to much as the rain keeps coming down in buckets. Cars, roads, homes, everything covered in water. People coming together to help each other despite our differences. There's the joyous part in all of this. No matter what we look like or what we believe in when a crisis arrives we're there for each other.

Yesterday I asked God to please stop the rain here and in Texas, and if He could would he please send a rainbow to reassure them in Texas that He still is Lord over all. To my surprise He sent one here for us as well. I felt like falling to my knees because even when things look grim, God still loves us. Maybe this storm was a reminder that no matter our differences we can still love one another.








No comments:

Post a Comment