Friday, January 20, 2017

This is the Day the Lord has Made

This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 NIV

So the awaited day has arrived, we now have our 45th President of the United States. Now some of us are rejoicing and some of us are mourning. It's pretty much the same every time a new president is sworn in. In modern times though, we get to hear about how someone feels right away.

The thing is we have a choice in the way we respond. We can chose to rejoice in the fact that we live in a country where we get to make a choice. We can rejoice that it's a new day and the sun has come up, at least here. We can rejoice because we have a job. We can rejoice because a son or a daughter is coming home.

I rejoice because I can freely chose to worship God and believe in the things that are written in the Bible. I believe that the Bible is God's word and I will try to do what He says in it. There are times when His word is the only thing that has brought me comfort. There are times when the right verse comes to me in several different ways throughout my day, He is speaking to me.

Maybe you chose not to believe in God, and God has allowed you to do that. He gave each of us the power to make our own choices. Sometimes though a person's choice gets shoved in his/her face. Others bully him/her because it's not the choice they have made. If we are allowed to chose then we should accept the choice someone has made. Sure we may grieve that person's choice, one thing I do though is fervently pray for that person because even though it may not be the choice I would make, I pray that it is the best choice for him/her and if it turns out not to be; I pray that he/she may learn the right choice for him/her quickly.

So today let us come together and support each other's choices, don't badger or bully each other, and decide to pray for each other. Because as our new president says "Let's make America great again." Let us rejoice and be glad in that.


No comments:

Post a Comment